Detailed installation instructions are available for Mac Users and Windows Users
Here's a quick overview of what you'll need to do:
(1) Mission your temperature logger - it will not begin logging temps until you tell it to. This will involve downloading and installing some small software applications, connecting the probe to your computer, and interfacing with the logger.
(2) Install the logger on the north side of a post or other structure within your monarch habitat at a height of .5 meters (about 20 inches)
(3) Allow the logger to gather data over several days.
(4) Retrieve the data from the logger and plug it into the degree day worksheet we will provide.
(5) Provide feedback along the way to improve instruction, materials, etc.
The Prototype Temperature Monitoring Kit contains:
(1) Temperature Logger (mounted on plastic shield)
(1) Temperature Logger Probe (RJ-11 connector)
(1) USB to RJ-11 adapter
(1) wood screw
(1) nylon machine screw
(1) nylon wing nut