Last year I had so much success with raising my butterfies that at one point I had babies on plants in my enclosure, last instar seekers climbing all over finding their perfect J spot, and butterflies emerging all at the same time. It was very crowded and utter insanity with the wanderers bothering everyone, no matter what they were trying to do! I had to do something immediately and came up with a couple solutions that worked out rather well. I went to the local dollar store and found a round, mesh toy keeper that was hung. It had three compartments and a hole in the front of each compartment in which to put the toys through. I also bought 3 mesh, pop-up clothes hampers that could also be hung for $1.00. I cut up and used the mesh from one of them to make doors to these openings by sewing some mesh over the top of each doorway, and using pins to secure the sides (I was in a hurry!) I put paper towels on the bottom of each, and put about 3-4 of my little wanderers in each compartment. They found their way up to the top and found it suitable for their J's. I used the other pop-up hamper to make a butterfly holder, using the scraps from the other hamper to make a long door out of velcro. This works well when my butterflies have emerged but could use a little more room to dry, outside of my enclosure. When we tag them we put them back into it, and carry them all outside for their release. Both containers are really easy to wash, fold up and store in big ziploc bags for the next season.
Precious little miracles with wings, and an awesome God!