Filed under General | No Comments »
Monarch Watch is currently seeking a full time Communications Coordinator.
Interested candidates can view the complete job description and apply by visiting http://employment.ku.edu/jobs/4155
Department: Kansas Biological Survey (Monarch Watch)
Position Title: Research Assistant
Working Title: Monarch Watch Communications Coordinator
Position Number: 00061645
The Research Assistant reports to the program Director and will provide support and maintenance to an ongoing outreach program. This position will serve as the primary contact for Monarch Watch’s milkweed conservation initiatives. Monarch Watch is an outreach program based on the monarch butterfly within the KS Biological Survey. The main focus of the program is public education directed to an understanding of the monarch migration and the need to conserve the habitats that support the monarch population. www.monarchwatch.org/
45% Public Communication/Outreach
- Correspond with interested participants in the program. This includes informing the public and answering questions about milkweed conservation and biology of monarch butterflies via email, phone, US mail, social media, and public presentations
- Assist in the organization and execution of large public events and fundraisers
- Provide excellent customer service to program participants.
- Process and reconcile orders
- Monitor milkweed market webpage (monarchwatch.org/milkweed/market)
- Coordinate activities of hourly student: including hiring, training, and supervising
- Keep track of inventory and shipping
- Work closely with nursery staff for milkweed orders
20% Program development:
- Write and edit materials for program including form letters, handouts, presentation and educational materials, videos, and grant proposals
- Develop, maintain, and expand marketing channels/methods
5% Field Work
- Milkweed plant and seed collections
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, entomology, environmental science, botany, conservation biology or related field
- Valid driver’s license
- Coursework or experience working with living organisms as evident in application materials
- Strong organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as a team
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to use appropriate communication technologies with a variety of audiences and settings.
- Knowledge and skill working with Microsoft tools especially excel and word.
- Knowledge of greenhouse operations / gardening experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Customer service experience
- Able to lift up to 40lbs, with or without accommodation
Salary Range: 27,000-30,000 + benefits
FTE: Full time, regular position
Work Schedule: 8-5, Mon-Fri, some evenings and weekends for special projects
Contact Information for Applicants: Ann Ryan, 785-864-4852, email@example.com
Application Deadline Date: November 27, 2013
Estimated Start Date: January 6, 2014
Specific Application Instructions for this Position: Submit online application via http://employment.ku.edu/jobs/4155 Attach letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications, resume, and contact information for three professional references.